The PHP Cookbook is a collection of problems, solutions, and practical examples for PHP programmers. The book contains a unique and extensive collection of best practices for everyday PHP programming dilemmas. It contains over 250 recipes, ranging from simple tasks to entire programs that demonstrate complex tasks, such as printing HTML tables and generating bar charts -- a treasure trove of useful code for PHP programmers, from novices to advanced practitioners.
Free Books about Web
The popularity of REST in recent years has led to tremendous growth in almost-RESTful APIs that don’t include many of the architecture’s benefits. With this practical guide, you’ll learn what it takes to design usable REST APIs that evolve over time. By focusing on solutions that cross a variety of domains, this book shows you how to create powerful and secure applications, using the tools designed for the world’s most successful distributed computing system: the World Wide Web.
You’ll explore the concepts behind REST, learn different strategies for creating hypermedia-based APIs, and then put everything together with a step-by-step guide to designing a RESTful Web API.
- Examine API design strategies, including the collection pattern and pure hypermedia
- Understand how hypermedia ties representations together into a coherent API
- Discover how XMDP and ALPS profile formats can help you meet the Web API "semantic challenge"
- Learn close to two-dozen standardized hypermedia data formats
- Apply best practices for using HTTP in API implementations
- Create Web APIs with the JSON-LD standard and other the Linked Data approaches
- Understand the CoAP protocol for using REST in embedded systems